Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images
Which Giants practiced on Thursday?
The news of the day is, of course, Will Hernandez testing positive for COVID-19. Hernandez has already been placed on the Reserve/COVID-19 list, while another five offensive linemen were sent home while they await test results.
It’s worth noting that the players who were sent home after close contact with Hernandez are not considered “high risk” contacts and could be eligible to return as early as Friday following consecutive negative tests for COVID-19. If so, most of the Giants’ starting offensive line should be intact for Monday Night Football.
This long list is in addition to the Giants’ normal injury report, which featured several players who suffered injuries in the Giants’ loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.
Did Not Practice
- OG Will Hernandez (Reserve/COVID-19 list)
- OT Andrew Thomas (not injury related)
- OT Cam Flemming (not injury related)
- C Nick Gates (not injury related)
- C Spencer Pulley (not injury related)
- OG Shane Lemieux (not injury related)
- RB Devonta Freeman (ankle)
- WR C.J. Board (concussion / non-contact)
- WR Sterling Shepard (shoulder/toe)
- DB Adrian Colbert (shoulder)
- DB Darnay Holmes (neck)