- Jordan Raanan of ESPN writes that “all indications” are that the Giants are prepared to bring back QB Eli Manning as their starting quarterback for the 2019 season.
- Sources close to Manning have told Raanan that the quarterback has received no indication his time with the Giants is about to end.
- Raanan says that the belief in league circles is that the Giants saw enough from Manning in the second half of this past season to bring him back for another year.
- Even so, Raanan mentions that there are “strong indications” that the Giants appear to be intent on finding their franchise quarterback in the draft this year or next.
- A final decision regarding Manning’s status with the team should come before March 17 when he’ll receive a $5 million bonus if he’s on their roster.
Ryan Dunleavy of NJ.com takes a look at six offensive players to watch for the Giants in free agency this year including:
- Dolphins RT Ja’Wuan James
- Jaguars G A.J. Cann
- Panthers RT Daryl Williams
- Saints QB Teddy Bridgewater
- Rams G Rodger Saffold
- Ravens WR John Brown
Original article: http://nfltraderumors.co/nfc-east-notes-eagles-giants-eli-manning/