On the latest episode of the Big Blue View podcast, Dan Pizzuta and Chris Pflum discuss a few ways the Giants can be more efficient on offense in the 2019 season. Despite scoring the most points in the NFC East and surprisingly ranking 13th in offensive DVOA, the Giants were a very boom or bust offense during the 2018 season. There are a few easy fixes the Giants could make to increase the down-to-down consistency that was missing in 2018 while also increasing the potential for big plays. Topics discussed on the episode include:
- Flipping run/pass tendencies on 1st and 3rd downs
- Manipulating defensive box counts for the run
- Passing more often from 12 personnel (two tight ends)
- Throwing to Evan Engram further down the field
- Throwing to Saquon Barkley past the line of scrimmage
You can listen to the episode in your browser here, with the embedded player below, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Where to subscribe
You can find and subscribe to Big Blue View radio from the show’s home page.
You can find all the shows on our Big Blue View Radio Hub Page.
You can also find the shows and subscribe on all your favorite podcast apps:
Finally, be sure to check out the home page for all of the shows across the expanding Vox Media Podcast Network.